The Regulations and compliance Department overall objective is to ensure adherence to the coffee standards, the industry code of practice and the Crops (Coffee) (General) Regulations 2019.
- Facilitate development and review of policy and regulatory framework for the coffee industry;
- Maintain register of all players in the industry
- Undertake registration and licensing of Coffee buyers, Warehouseman’s, Processed Coffee importers, Independent Cupping Centres and liquorers;
- Enforce compliance with the coffee industry standards and regulations through inspections and surveillance.
- Undertake capacity building of county governments on licensing, coffee industry standards, and the industry code of practice;
- Ensure harmony within the coffee industry through arbitration of disputes.