The Technical and Advisory Services is one of the key departments under the Coffee Directorate responsible for;
- Guiding and advising growers and other stakeholders on best practices on all aspects of agriculture production, transport and processing through capacity building the county agricultural extension staff.
- Collecting, collating data and maintaining a data base on growers, nurseries coffee production and processing in collaboration with county governments.
- Promoting implementation of Kenya Coffee Standards and Coffee Industry Code of Practice.
- Promoting coffee production, processing and quality assurance along the value chain to ensure sustainable coffee quality.
- Identifying research priorities in the coffee production and processing in liaison with research institutions.
- Promoting technology transfer in collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
- Monitoring production and processing activities in the Counties.