- Formulate policies and rules to regulate and develop the coffee industry in the consultation with the Ministry of Agriculture.
- Carry out registration and licensing of coffee nurseries, growers, pulping stations, millers, marketing agents, management agents, buyers, roasters, packers, warehousemen and auctioneers to ensure adherence to standards.
- Provide advisory services related to coffee production and quality enhancement.
- Collect, collate, analyse data, maintain a database on the coffee industry and document and monitor it through registration of any persons dealing with coffee.
- Represent the Government in international fora in regard to coffee matters.
Arbitrate in case of any disputes in the industry.
- Encourage environmentally friendly, ethical and hygienic coffee production, processing and marketing practices, in order to enhance quality of coffee and sustainability.
- Identify, develop and promote new and emerging domestic and global markets for coffee.